1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHEN WE COLLECT IT
When you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site, we may collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- email address;
- mailing address;
- phone number; and
- credit card information.
In the event you elect to purchase product(s) or service(s) through our websites, ClassEDU may also ask you to provide your credit or debit card number and accompanying information.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from in the following ways:
- To personalize and improve your experience with the ClassEDU websites and services, and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To improve our website in order to better serve you;
- To ensure proper technical functioning of the ClassEDU websites and services;
- To develop new services and analyze your use of the services, including but not limited to your interaction with Class for Zoom and other applications;
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To process your transactions; and/or
3. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information is stored behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order and/or enters, submits, or accesses their information, because we are committed to maintaining the safety of your personal information.
Because it is impossible to guarantee the security of user information at all times (due to third parties that may be able to penetrate the security systems in place), we highly recommend that you create unique and strong passwords when applicable, limit your access of the ClassEDU websites and services to your personal device(s) and sign off whenever you have completed a session of the ClassEDU services.
Cookies are small text files that reside on your computer, mobile phone, or other device, which a website or its service provider transfers to your device’s memory through your web browser (if you allow) and that enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. You may also delete existing cookies stores on your browser’s History. Cookies do not tell us your personal information unless you choose to provide such information through forms contained on our website.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
We may also allow certain business partners to place or recognize cookies for the foregoing purposes.
If you are uncomfortable with cookies, you may disable them on your computer. Disabling cookies may affect user functionality. The design of the ClassEDU websites allows access to most offerings with cookies disabled.
5. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Individuals and data protection supervisory authorities in the EU and the UK may contact our data protection representatives according to Articles 27 EU and UK GDPR:
EU: DP-Dock GmbH, Attn: ClassEDU, Ballindamm 39, 20095 Hamburg, Germany
UK: DP Data Protection Services UK Ltd., Attn: ClassEDU, 16 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5AH, United Kingdom
6. THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND DISCLOSURE
ClassEDU websites may contain links to third party websites. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. You understand, acknowledge and agree that the third party websites’ independent privacy policies govern their use of your personal information. You further understand, acknowledge and agree that we therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. You click on a link to a third party website at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these websites.
We may release your information when we believe release of same is appropriate to comply with the requirements of mandatory applicable law, address fraud, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Furthermore, we may release your information if you expressly opt in to such sharing.
Visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses, at all times.
7. OPTING OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
ClassEDU may periodically send you messages via e-mail, telephone or traditional postal mail about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. If you are located in a jurisdiction that requires opt-in consent to receive electronic marketing messages, we will only send you such messages if you opt-in to receive them.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing messages by:
- following the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of any e-mails received; or
- contacting us via our website.
Pursuant to California Civil Code section 1798.83, certain businesses must respond to California customer requests inquiring about the businesses practices related to the disclosing of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, such businesses must institute a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has elected to opt-out of such information sharing. If you wish opt-out of our sharing your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline, please contact us at privacymanager@ClassEDU.com.
8. CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT NOTICE
- ClassEDU does not track users and does not use “do not track” signals; and
- ClassEDU does not authorize the collection of PII from ClassEDU website users for third party use through advertising technologies without separate member consent.
9. YOUR PREFERENCES
You should be careful to use the ClassEDU websites and services in a manner you are comfortable with and should manage your account settings regularly and accordingly. ClassEDU websites, including but not limited to the Class for Zoom website, involves “Customer Data,” which may offer private information to ClassEDU. You may elect to make such “Customer Data” private and restricted from the view of other users of the service by contacting privacymanager@ClassEDU.com.
10. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You are free to access and change some of the personal information we keep on you through your settings. You may ask us to delete personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, or that is being processed in a manner that violates or infringes upon any applicable law or legal requirements. We may elect to retain personal information with your comment or correction noted in our records instead of deleting such information. Your right to review, modify, update, correct or delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the laws of your jurisdiction:
- if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive in nature;
- where the rights or safety of another person would be encroached upon or violated;
- if the information or material requested relates to existing or potential legal proceedings between you and us; or
- if providing you access would prejudice or otherwise harm negotiations between us or an investigation of possible illegal activity. Furthermore, your right to review, modify, update, correct or delete your personal information shall be subject to our records maintenance policies and applicable law, including, without limitation, any statutory retention requirements.
To learn more about your personal information stored by us, please email privacymanager@ClassEDU.com. We will respond within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity.
11. RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ClassEDU will retain your personal information while you have an active account with us and thereafter so long as needed for purposes that are not prohibited by applicable law. Once no longer needed, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it becomes anonymous and no longer attributable to you.
12. A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
This website is not directed to children and we do not encourage children to participate in providing us with any personally identifiable information. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at privacymanager@ClassEDU.com. We strongly recommend that children under age 13 use our services only under the approval and supervision of their parents or legal guardian(s). We support the guidelines and regulatory requirements provided in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
14. CONTACTING US
Last updated: January 5, 2021.